On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:43:43PM -0500, Bob Lockie wrote:
> KSnapshot: 34 108 bytes, 585x385, 24bbp, RGB, deflate.
> Gimp: 78 896 bytes, 400x263, 24bbp, RGB, deflate, compression 9.
>
> There are no options in KSnapshot so I don't know what the compression
> level is (can it be higher than the highest in Gimp=9?).

I think 9 is the highest possible in zlib.

Anyway, if no one has said it yet, this is most probably caused by you
scaling the image with resampling turned on. This makes images less easy
to compress when using the types of compression that PNG and such use.

How about you put the images online somewhere so we can be sure of this?

Marco