Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Lately I've been using the GIMP a lot to crop images with a specific
> aspect ratio in mind, often with the intention of resizing the result
> down to a given resolution.

The best way to crop to a fixed size or a fixed aspect ratio is to use
the Rect-Select tool. It allows to specify size or aspect ratio
easily.  When the selection is made, choose Image->Crop Image from
menu. You can bind this item to a keybinding to make the task even
easier.

We are aware that the Crop tool could be improved quite a bit and
Bugzilla has entries for this. You might want to add some
helpful comments there or even provide patches.

Sven