Hi, maybe my question is one of the most simple ones, but being my first steps with gimp I have no idea on how to proceed. I am not even an experienced user of PaintshopPro or other software like this.

1st problem:
I have a *.gif file with white background and black and red graphics on it. Now I need a transparent background to be able to adapt this graphic to any webpage as backgrounds will have changing colours.
Could you please tell me how to reach this? Is there an online-resource somewhere?

2nd problem:
I have a *.gif file (banner) with basic colour - let's say red, but it is not a unique red - it is already some kind of texture, marble or similar.
Now I need to change colour shade - let's say from red to blue - is there a way to do this?

Thank you so much for any hint - in any case I will create an online-"how to" for all the questions I am asking and translate it into Italian and German (my languages).

And as we are talking about this: is there some kind of glossary for English/German/Italian around, just to be sure to use the right terms.

Thanks again - probably you'll need quite a lot of patience with me.

All the best, Sabine

--
Sabine Cretella
[EMAIL PROTECTED]