hello list,

i work with net art and i want to make a work that will have to:

a) read a PSD (Photoshop) file (or XCF, the GIMP format), uploaded by user;
b) see how many layers the file has;
c) generate a PNG file for each layer;
d) generate an URL for each PNG. These PNGs will be used as textures in VRML. So, they will have to be accessible onlie.

I made some research in Google today, and I guess there are two alternatives:

a) use Perl + Gimp. I haven't found much information about that, but is seems is possible use GIMP to generate images for WWW, using Perl script. Do you have more information about how to do it?
b) use the PHP extension for imagemagick and open the PSD file and generate the PNGs with it. Can it be done?
c) if you have some other idea, please, tell me.

thank you very much,
andrei

--
RGB Design Digital
www.rgbdesigndigital.com.br

"First of all you can't be subversive without being subversive to yourself, that's very important. You miss something crucial if you think subversion means to have clearly defined enemies and act against them. The enemy always is always you, too and in the first place."
http://www.koreawebart.org/2001/0100101110101101org.html

Andrei R. Thomaz
www.rgbdesigndigital.com.br
www.atravesdoespelho.hpg.com.br