A book cover consists of three panels, from left to right:
the back cover, the spine and the front cover. I plan to
lay these out on three separate images and knit them
together.  It is simple in Gimp to make each panel the
exact dimensions needed. What is not so easy is to line
them up exactly, left to right, with no overlap and no
space in between. Vertical alignment is also critical.

Is there a way, other than drag and drop, to accomplish this
precise alignment?  Is snap to grid the best tool or is
there another way?

For the curious, after I create the pnm file I will use
pnmtocmyktiff to convert to cmyk color model.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers