Le 20.03.2004 17:04, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) a écrit :
Le 19.03.2004 21:36, Sven Neumann a écrit :

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

When I display the histogram with gimp-2.0-pre, I got about nothing
for many pictures when in linear mode.

For these pictures, you will want to use logarithmic mode. Linear
works very well for photographic images but can be pretty much useless
for other images. But then, the histogram tool is mainly used with
photographic images, so it makes sense to have linear scale as the

These are pictures from a digital SLR camera. I'm using the histogram together with the levels and curves colour-tools.

Ok, I will use the log scale. I have just notice it looks far different from the one in 1.2.

                - Jean-Luc