From: Joao S. O. Bueno
Subject: [Gimp-user] Instaling 1.3 CVS HEAD on MDK 9.2
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:56:42 -0700

Hi,

sometimes compiling the latest GIMP may seen a scary thing to do.

I just upgraded my distribution from mandrake 9.1 to 9.2 this weekend,
and had finished compiling GIMP from CVS, with no major nuisance.

So, just in case there is someone around willing to make it, but
afraid, here is what I had to do beyond install:

The only outdated packahe is notoriously Automake.
Mandrake comes with 1.4, and you need 1.6 to build GIMP from CVS.
The GIMP autongen script itself brings a link to the tar ball with it:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/automake-1.7.3.tar.gz

All the other thing I needed, I installed smoothly through URPMI -
just be sure to properly configure a contrib URPMI repository with
urpmi.addmedia:
#urpmi.addmedia contrib
ftp://ftp.belnet.be/linux/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/i586 with
../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

will do.
The packages needed are listed as the ./configure script fails for not
locating them, but they were:
intltool
libgtkhtml2_0
libgtkhtml2_0-devel
librsvg
librsvg-devel
gimpprint-devel

After which, The GIMP ./congure'd, make'd, and make install'ed
gracefully.

Regards,
        JS
        -><-