On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:41:23PM -0600, Eric Pierce wrote:
> To affect fonts in all GTK2 apps, I have the following in my ~/
> .gtkrc-2.0 file
>
> style "user-font"
> {
>    font_name="century 12"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "user-font"

The preferred way to do this is simply:

gtk-font-name = "century 12"

in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

Note that this will be overridden by an XSettings manager, like gnome-session,
so if you're running that you need to change it in the Gnome preferences.

Also, a lot of people have a misconfigured dpi setting for the X server,
which you can override with the Xft.dpi XResource (or Gnome preferences,
again).

-Yosh