Hi,

I have been trying to get Gimp 2.0 running on Windows XP and have
encountered a problem that I'm not sure how to deal with.  While the
program is starting and the splash screen indicates that fonts are being
loaded, the program crashes after displaying the following error in a
console window.

  (gimp-2.0.exe:3684): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gconvert.c: line 498
  (g_convert): assertion `str != NULL' failed

The OS version is Windows XP Professional with service pack 1a.  I
installed Gimp from gimp-2.0.0-i586-setup.exe and GTK+ from
gtk+-2.2.4-20040124-setup.exe.

I have tried to search the list archive but was prevented by an htdig
error.  Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be most
appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Steve Crane