Robert Reichel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've just installed gimp.app (Version 2, OS X) and wonder, how I can
> change the appearance. I've found the 3 themes in the
> preferences/interface, but that's not what I'm looking for. I've
> downloaded the theme "panther" from art.gnome.org and want to use
> it. But how?

Edit your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to point to the gtk+ theme you installed. You
will need to add a line like this:

 gtk-theme-name = "Panther"

This will change the look of all gtk+-2.0 applications that you
use. Alternatively you can put this into your ~/.gimp-2.0/gtkrc. It
will only affect GIMP then.

There are three themes in the Preferences dialog? I know about "Small"
and "Default". What is the third?