Hi

I have been downloading devel packages and some of the problems have gone, apart from
checking for gimpprint-config... no
checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... no
*** The gimpprint-config script installed by GIMP-PRINT could not be found
*** If GIMP-PRINT was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GIMPPRINT_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gimpprint-config.
configure: error:
*** Check for libgimpprint failed. You can download it from
*** http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ or you can build without it by passing
*** --disable-print to configure (but you won't be able to print then).

I have the correct gimpprint installed.  But is not recognised.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] david]$ rpm -qa | grep gimp
gimp-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-devel-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2-1.2.5-10mdk
libgimp1.2_1-1.2.5-10mdk
xsane-gimp-0.92-1mdk
gimpprint-4.2.6-14mdk
libgimpprint1-4.2.6-14mdk

Did you
adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the
configure output?
I do not understand this.

Did you read the file INSTALL which
explains how to deal with these problems?
Yes I have read the file.

kind regards..........david

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am configuring using "./configure --enable-shared".

--enable-shared is the default.

This is not working.

This is what I get at the end/crash.

checking for libgtkhtml-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package libgtkhtml-2.0 was not
found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-2.0.pc'
No package 'libgtkhtml-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** Help browser plug-in will not be built
(GtkHtml2 not found) ***
checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... Package librsvg-2.0 was not found
in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `librsvg-2.0.pc'
No package 'librsvg-2.0' found
configure: WARNING: *** SVG import plug-in will not be built (librsvg
not found) ***
checking for gimpprint-config... no
checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... no
*** The gimpprint-config script installed by GIMP-PRINT could not be found
*** If GIMP-PRINT was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GIMPPRINT_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gimpprint-config.
configure: error:
*** Check for libgimpprint failed. You can download it from
*** http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ or you can build without it by
passing
*** --disable-print to configure (but you won't be able to print then).

There is a problem though.  The packages are present.  I have added
/usr/lib to the ld.so.conf file and ldconfiged.  Still no luck.

Why is this happening?

Are you sure that you have got development packages installed for
these? Does pkg-config see libgtkhtml-2.0 and librsvg-2.0? Did you
adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the
configure output? Did you check if gimpprint-config is available on
your system and in your PATH? Did you read the file INSTALL which
explains how to deal with these problems?

Sven