Thanks for the advice. :-) I've gotten frustrated with redhat and I'm working on installing Debian at the moment, hopefully the GIMP will work on that with slightly less frustration.

From: Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Alex Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,GIMPUser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GLIB 2.4.1 install help. . .
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:32:43 -0700

hello,
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 05:31:09PM -0500, Alex Harris wrote:
> I'm trying to install GLIB 2.4.1 on a redhat 9 system so that I can install
> GIMP 2.0.1, but I'm not sure how to make the configure see the 2.4.1
> version as opposed to the 1.2.0 version that redhat installed. Is there a
> way that I can install 2.4.1 over the older version? If not, is there a way
> that I can tell the GIMP where the new version is installed and have it use
> that? Thanks. :-)

you need to set the paths.  i got really bored with setting them and
asked a friend to write this script to set them for me:
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv

to use this script, type "source gimpenv".  this should direct
configures attention to everything in /usr/local if that is where you
have the new glib installed at.

i had to use this script to trick debian into making a gkt2 deb
yesterday -- they gave me a glib with a wrong pkg-config name.

good luck
carol

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com