I am forwarding this mail to gimp-user because there hasn't been any
response on the gimp-developer mailing-list. Perhaps I can reach a
potential contributor here or at least get some user feedback...
--- Begin Message ---
IMO it's about time to try to clean up the preferences dialog once
more. Here are a couple of ideas on how the dialog could be improved:
- I'd like to see the "Interface" group be removed. That would flatten
the hierarchy which is kind of arbitrary at the moment.
- The theme chooser should be moved to a separate page, the Interface
page is rather crowded.
- Input device configuration should either be redone or moved to
another page. Having it on a page of it's own doesn't make too much
- The items on the session management page could IMO be moved to other
- Perhaps we should show the dialog with the Folders section
collapsed. That would make the dialog smaller and less frightening.
- We could IMHO remove a couple of options. They could stay to be
configurable via gimprc but we don't necessarily need a GUI for all
of these. Possible candidates for removal are IMO:
These changes are all rather easy to do so this is a nice job for a
fresh contributor who isn't afraid to learn some gtk+ and gimp basics.
Please do also not understand the above as a list of instructions.
This is just how I would address the problem. If you pick up the job
then it's up to you to decide how it is done in detail.
Gimp-developer mailing list
--- End Message ---
Gimp-user mailing list