On Wednesday 16 June 2004 10:26, Vittorio wrote:
> Context: P4, linux debian testing with boxed kde 3.2 and gimp 1.2.3.
>
> 1)
> I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update'  and 'apt-get
> upgrade' .

Ok. Now, go there and try : apt-get update gimp

this shall bring you up to GIMP 2.0, and a step four years into the future.

> (I suppose that) After one of this updating operation I'm no longer able in
> the gimp to zoom in an image to 1:1 by pressing only the key "1" which
> instead open the dialogue windows to open a file (in a nutshell 1 has
> become a shortcut of "file-open" !!!!!????).

Well...in GIMP 1.2.x the dynamic shortcut features is enabled by default.
All you have to do is to highlight a menu option with the mouse, and press a
shortcut key for it.

What mostly certain happened is that you pressed "1" while having "file open"
highlighted - since  if the GIMP 1.2 were updated, it would have beem to last
year's 1.2.5 - not a version of 1.2.3 in which the Debian Packager would have
deliberately reassigned shortcuts at random.

Just go to the view->zoom options, and reasign keys at your pleasure.

In the GIMP 2.0 the dynamic shortcuts feature comes disabled by default, and
you have to enable it in preferences.

Best regards,
Tchau,

        JS