On Wednesday 16 June 2004 10:26, Vittorio wrote:
> Context: P4, linux debian testing with boxed kde 3.2 and gimp 1.2.3.
> 1)
> I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update'  and 'apt-get
> upgrade' .

Ok. Now, go there and try : apt-get update gimp

this shall bring you up to GIMP 2.0, and a step four years into the future.

> (I suppose that) After one of this updating operation I'm no longer able in
> the gimp to zoom in an image to 1:1 by pressing only the key "1" which
> instead open the dialogue windows to open a file (in a nutshell 1 has
> become a shortcut of "file-open" !!!!!????).

Well...in GIMP 1.2.x the dynamic shortcut features is enabled by default.
All you have to do is to highlight a menu option with the mouse, and press a
shortcut key for it.

What mostly certain happened is that you pressed "1" while having "file open"
highlighted - since  if the GIMP 1.2 were updated, it would have beem to last
year's 1.2.5 - not a version of 1.2.3 in which the Debian Packager would have
deliberately reassigned shortcuts at random.

Just go to the view->zoom options, and reasign keys at your pleasure.

In the GIMP 2.0 the dynamic shortcuts feature comes disabled by default, and
you have to enable it in preferences.

Best regards,