Sorry for reposting this but not sure if the first one arrived and
I also just read the bit about not adding large attachments to files.
Could anyone let me know how to replicate the effect shown in the
images here http://www.compsoc.nuigalway.ie/~drakon/images/

I have been trying to replicate an effect I have used in Photoshop
with the Filter>Sketch>Chrome Tool that it has but I havent been
successful. I have tried to apply the tomcat chrome text tutorial but
Im a noob to gimp so I may have been doing it wrong

The first image is banner1.png
The second is the photoshop tool and the third is roughly what the end
result should look like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.