* Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-08-11 16:40]:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:18:02AM +0400, iwantto keepanon wrote:
> > Did I stump ya?  Or confuse ya?  Is anyone out there ...
> >
> > > I have an image w/ some text in it.  I want to move *each*
> > > letter over by 2 pixels (to accomodate an outline).  So here is
> > > what I do:

I recently had the exact same problem.  I had an email address that I
wanted to show as a bitmap (to prevent spam harvesting), and needed to
move some of the letters around, all of which I had on the same
layer.  Move did not work, so I did some cutting and pasting.  The
cutting and pasting gave me the granularity I needed.. the move
suddently works if you cut and then re-paste in place, but (at least
in my case) the cut wasn't perfect, and left some specles behind that
were well inside the selected area.

Anyway, what Carol suggested is probably the best option; that is:

> best to use texttool to make each letter on a separate layer.  you
> do this by highlighting the background layer and clicking on that
> for each new letter.

It would *really* be nice if the move tool had more power.  If the
move tool would move only the objects that are selected, that would be
great.  It would be ideal if the move tool only moved the whole layer
in the absense of a selection.  (has this been suggested before?)