Matthew, I've tried standalone dcraw in -d mode. The results are really strange: the bad pixel isn't affected with changes in the .badpixels file! There is definitely a bad pixel somewhere at 1052,998, starting from 0,0. But with or without the .badpixels file, the result is the same. I've tried to mark one of the neighbour points as the bad pixel, but the things didn't change.

P.S. I'm using the latest dcraw compilation from http://home.arcor.de/benjamin_lebsanft/
DCRaw win32 5.90/1.201.

This seems like an issue with your version of dcraw, but I will try to check it out. Does dcraw use the .badpixels file if you run it standalone?

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich