or> Yep, these fonts should be perfect. But indeed, 16 pixels is a little
or> troublesome to have nice text: I have tried with Nimbus and Vera, and
or> the result is not satisfying...
I tried Tahoma and Verdena and the result gets better...

 >> or> 2- antialiasing: in the text tool options (double click
 >> or> on the text tool if you do not already have this dialog
 >> or> in your windows), check that the  "antialiasing" option
 >> or> is selected. Play also with the "hinting" option.
 >> I already have done this: Depending on the used font the result
 >>  gets a little better but is still far away from beeing good.

or> Could you put a screenshot somewhere. I guess that since you are talking
or> about a web site, you have one somewhere ;) So we can see what you call
or> "better".
or> [snap]

I will do this, but I am writing this from my working place so I can do this
tomorrow at the earliest. As soon as I have done this, I will post again.

Thanks so far