On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 15:51 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > You should perhaps have mentioned that there's also "Open
> > > Location" in the toolbox which offers an entry to paste URLs or
> > > filenames to.
> >
> > Ah - I would have if I'd thought of it :)
> While we are on it. The HIG suggests to use Ctrl-L as the default
> keybinding for "File->Open Location". I would like to follow this
> suggestion but we already use Ctrl-L to bring up the Layers dialog.
> Since that's a longstanding keybinding I am somewhat reluctant to
> changing it. On the other hand it would be good to follow the HIG
> advice here in order to be more consistent with other apps and also in
> order to get people used to the otherwise hidden Ctrl-L feature in the
> File Open dialog.
> So what do our users think about this? What would be a good
> alternative keybinding for the Layers dialog? Does it need one at all?

I favour Ctrl+L for open location. I don't have the layer dock obscured
most of the time and use it extensively to be hiding it, therefore
wasn't using the shortcut for focusing layer's dock at all. On the other
hand the Ctrl+L shortcut is fairly rock solid in my brain because of the
web browsers I've used in the past.

Ctrl+L is an adept to being a common shortcut such as Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V,
its role in the new file dialogs is also fairly high.

my 2 cents

Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>