Sven Neumann wrote:
> Napoleon Ahiable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I have no idea how to build a gimp windows package so the last think i
> > would do is be ungrateful to Jernej Semoncic. I actually like to thank
> > him for what he's done.
> I guess it would help if someone could post a detailed description of
> how to build GIMP on Windows. Or does such a document exist already?
> Then please point us to it.

Michael Schumacher has worked on such a document. I have not
managed to fully build the GIMP on Windows recently - the last
time I tried was over a year ago, and at the time I had some
libtool issues, IIRC. I know Hans Breuer successfully builds with
Visual Studio too - the details are in README.win32.

Michael has documented the steps required to set up a build
environment in the wiki:

        David Neary,
        Lyon, France
CV: http://dneary.free.fr/CV/