Carol Spears wrote:

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:09:40PM +0100, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

Frankly, I did read INSTALL, and also that section, but didn't think the solution offered there would bring me luck.

But after your reply I did

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

before running configure.

there is a script that sets many of these things for you so that the
build will go smoothly.

http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv

type "source gimpenv" with the term you will use to build gimp and other
/usr/local/ things and many of the details are taken care of.

i use my personal copy to set the CVSROOT as well.

carol

Carol,

Thanks for your info. But after following your advice, the result is the same... By the way, since my distro - SuSE 9.2 - installs gimp-2.0 somewhere in /opt/gnome, I take the standard /usr/local for installing gimp 2.2.

kind greetings, Jogchum