Carol Spears wrote:

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:09:40PM +0100, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:

Frankly, I did read INSTALL, and also that section, but didn't think the solution offered there would bring me luck.

But after your reply I did

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

before running configure.

there is a script that sets many of these things for you so that the
build will go smoothly.

type "source gimpenv" with the term you will use to build gimp and other
/usr/local/ things and many of the details are taken care of.

i use my personal copy to set the CVSROOT as well.

Thanks for your info. But after following your advice, the result is the same... By the way, since my distro - SuSE 9.2 - installs gimp-2.0 somewhere in /opt/gnome, I take the standard /usr/local for installing gimp 2.2.

kind greetings, Jogchum