Jozsef Mak wrote:

The best solution of course would be to have the help files
integrated with the Gimp package itself. That is the way most
packages work. Failing that, a help tarball in parallel to the
current stable version and with explicit instructions on
installation (i.e. where) would be most helpful. I suppose I will
have to go to a Knoppix disk and figure out where the help files go
from its internal structure. Oh well.

> I also cannot understand the reason behind not integrating the help > files with Gimp.

At which level would you like to integrate it - source tree, release tarball or binary distribution?

Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de