From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Holiday fantasies
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:56:27 +0100

"Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One of the things I was talking about in my previous email will be
> clearer if you look at this screenshot I made of Gimp.
> Look at all the wasted space underneath the tool icons.

I suggest you get rid of it then. You can disable the color area and
brushes/gradient/pattern indicator in the toolbox. Try using a Colors
dock as a replacement for the color area.

My idea was not to get rid of that space but to populate it with useful information, which are presently scattered in the various transformation windows (degree of rotation, width, height and so on). If that information would be in plain view at all times, transforming objects interactively would be much less complex.