On Saturday 15 January 2005 06:02 am, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Eric Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Ok, I'm adding more to my email. since I have learned more since
> >> asking the original question.  It seems that SuSE has done
> >> something to their build of Gimp 2.0.4 that is provided with 9.2
> >> that disables the preview pane in the file browser.  In looking at
> >> their src rpm, I find, what looks like a file added to disable
> >> that.
>
> Are you sure it is disabled in the build? Perhaps you just disabled
> thumbnails in the Preferences dialog? You should also note that GIMP
> 2.0 doesn't create the thumbnails automatically. You need to click
> the preview area to make it generate the thumbnail for the selected
> file(s).
>

> Sven

Ok, everyone, thanks for the thoughts and help, I have 2.2.2 compiled
and working nicely on SuSE 9.2 now!  Seems my compile problem was a bad
libgsf file/s, so took care of that and Gimp went nicely.  Nice new
SuSE rpms built now and I'll happily provide them to anyone needing
them, if that's ok with the developers?

From info I got in my quest to get this worked out, I was told there was
a bug, of this nature, in the 2.0.4 Gimp files and was reported as
such.  No matter though, 2.2.2 is always better to have!  Thanks to
everyone and especially the Gimp contributors/developers for such great
work!

Patrick

      Registered Linux User #225206
  "Don't let the fear of striking out keep
        you from playing the game!"