I don't even know how to look up this question in the manual (or ask it
there). I want to put 3 pix in 1 file (canvas). Basically to save paper
when I have some small pix to print

Simple in Photoshop...create a new empty file, click on picture & drag
into empty 'file' (canvas?), repeat til all are in & arranged. Since
they are layers in PS, I tried every way I could to do the same thing
in gimp. I can get the pix in using 'file>open in layer'. BUT they are
on top of each other & I can't find a way to move the pix to arrange
Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 - SuSE 9.2 Pro
not sure about the former.  Albert Einstein