Hi :)

I've just started using GIMP in Linux and I've come to a problem. I
suppose the answer is simple but I've looked and tried everything that
came to my mind...

Let's say I make a rectangular selection but it turns out it doesn't
exactly select the area it was supposed to. So I would like to drag
("move") the selection (and only selection, not the part of image that
is selected) to some other place.

In Windows I would press the Alt key and drag with my right mouse button
but In Linux I cannot - instead of the selection I'm moving the entire
GIMP window! :-O

So is there a way I can move the selection and not the part of image it
select, nor the window?

Regards,
Maciej Zięba