I'm guessing that you're resizing your screenshots. Otherwise they'd be as crisp as you see them on-screen.
If you must resize, use the Unsharp tool to sharpen them again. It works quite well on textual/cartoony graphics and can be found at Filters->Enhance->Unsharp Mask.

Donncha.

squareyes wrote:
Hi all, am making up a newbies help file for Ubuntu,
but am not completely happy with the crispness of the screen shots
I have taken with "gimp". Is there any way of improving them very much.
May be too critical, but as it's my first work would like it to look
more professional than I really am.