Hello,

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:45:23 -0700, Robin Laing
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:

> > But GIMP is Free Software with the source code open to everyone.
> > So the GIMP's development team could be as large as it's user base.

> You are correct but many of the users wouldn't know C++ from JAVA so
> wouldn't be much help in the optimization.  I am a user but I don't
> have any time to assist in the development other than submitting bug
> reports which I have never had to do with GIMP.

Fallacy #1(at least I consider it #1) w/ regards to Open Source
development, "I can't help because I'm not a programmer/coder".

There are many ways to be helpful and be part of the "development
team", submit bugs, submit suggestions/wishlist, write docs/howtos,
help out w/ the website, demo The Gimp to people local to you, etc...
. This applies to almost any project.

Steve