On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:13:39 +1030 squareyes wrote:
> Hi all,
> am making up a newbies help file for Ubuntu,
> but am not completely happy with the crispness of the screen shots
> I have taken with "gimp". Is there any way of improving them very much.
> May be too critical, but as it's my first work would like it to look
> more professional than I really am.
> http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/squareyes/ubuntu.html

I fiddled with the Account Management image and found that Unsharp Mask
with a Radius of 0.3 and Amount of 0.5 had just about the best effect
on cleaning the image up.

One thing I noticed was that the PNG was set to 97.9932 x 108.001 dpi.
Those seem a little strange to me.  I suspect that most monitors are
between 72-85 DPI, but maybe not.  The ratio of yours in ~0.92 while
my LCD at home is ~ 1.02.

Screenshots should be made at screen resolution, or 72x72 by default.
Michael J. Hammel - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - XEUS: www.ximba.org
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual
who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that
individual is crazy. -- Unknown.