On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:28:39PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2005, Olivier Ripoll wrote:
>
> >   * The availability of three scripting languages, one of them being
> > actually easy to understand (guess which ;) )
>
> I recognise how usefult this functionality is and I make use of it myself
> but sorry to be pessimistic, compared to using command line tool or the
> automation tools in Photoshop and the ability to record
> Actions/Macros/Scripts in Photoshop I cannot consider this an outstanding
> feature of the gimp.  I had to learn the various scripting languages but
> even to people who already know the languages I cannot imagine that is
> easier than saving a list of actions from the Undo history or any similar
> Macro Recorder.

it is a strength that photoshop users have, to only be able to write for
one app.

those poor unfortunate gimp users who can write for several applications
after going through that grueling task of learning a syntax.

gimp will never be as good as photoshop and gimp-users simply will never
be very strong since they can spread their knowledge around to so many
things.

gah! python and perl both work directly at the os level!!  when will we
learn!

carol