On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 01:36:09PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

> This, however, can't be considered normal. IIRC, the mailing list system is
> slow, but not that slow. Manish Singh should be able to provide details
> about it (Carol, do you know anything per chance?)

i do not know anything.

i suggested that we attach a household window fan to the top of the
computer called beta earlier this week (it was having heat problems at
berkeley) when i learned that this computer has a broken motherboard.

this was interesting news as no one has touched it since i came to
california.  i was also told that it is common knowledge that this
computer is not able to be repaired.

i would like to know if anyone else has been able to determine a
computers health without touching it or plugging it in?

carol