Hi,

BandiPat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Now I'm not sure if the Gimp folks check all the plugins out before
> making them available or adding them, but it would seem logical to me
> for them to have control over that, so no harmful plugins would be
> submitted.  Have a contributor send the plugins to someplace, let the
> developers check them out, then put them up for users to add to their
> Gimp setup.  This, I think would make it much easier to add plugins as
> well as find them.

Speaking for the core developers of GIMP, I can only say that we don't
have the resources to do that. That is the main reason such an update
system doesn't exist yet. It has been proposed and discussed
frequently over the past years but so far noone has spent the time to
actually sit down and design such a system, let alone implement it.
If someone wants to do that, that would be very much appreciated. But
please don't count on the core developers to test, verify and maintain
each and every plug-in that is submitted to it.

Looking at registry.gimp.org see what works and what doesn't will
probably help in designing a next generation plug-in registry.

Sven