Francois du Toit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I wanted to suggest something similar. To not make gimp more
> configurable just because there's no space in the user interface
> seems silly to me. Make the feature configurable so the user can use
> gimp the way he/she wants to. If it clutters up the user interface
> then stick it in a config file where it won't bother anyone who
> doesn't want to change it.

That's what we do anyway. Not all options in gimprc are actually
accessible from the preferences dialog. That doesn't change the fact
that user configuration makes life harder for the developers and for
the people documenting the software. But really, there's no problem
with adding yet another configuration option, I would just like to
avoid it if possible.