On 7/2/05, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Sound logical, except if I recall correctly The GIMP loads brushes,
> > patterns etc. on startup.
> What keeps you from pressing the Refresh button in the brushes and/or
> patterns dialog?

Does that actually reload them?  If so, then it sounds feisable, if
you write a utility (e.g. in perl or something else with a GUI and
shell manipulation capabilities) to switch these directories in and
out.  [I'm not sure typing ln -s /dir/ /dir/ repeatedly is better than
moving folders around.]  Then again, you'd probably need thumbnails in
addition to directory names for said utility, which would also have
long start up times...

I suppose an optional preloader [like OpenOffice.org] is out of the question?