Hi,

Chris Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does the GIMP have anything like Photoshop's polygon lasso tool? I've
> found this tool extremely useful. It's like the GIMP's free select tool,
> but it allows you to select an arbitrary polygonal selection area by
> clicking out the points the way you would for a path. It's essentially
> the freedom of the free select tool with the precision of the rect
> select tool.

Just use the path tool and set it to polygonal mode. You can convert
the path to a selection after you closed it.

> Also, does anyone know an easy way to make word balloons? In
> Photoshop this could be easily be done by selecting an oval area
> (ellipse select), union that with a triangular selection (polygon
> select), then convert to path and stroke.

That's pretty much how you'd be doing this in GIMP as well. I would
however suggest to create this balloon as path and save it to disk.
You can then reload the path whenever you need a balloon, scale and
stretch it to the desired size and stroke it.

Sven