On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:24:11AM +0000, Cody McLean wrote:
> some settings in the program.&nbsp;I would like to&nbsp;change a&nbsp;few of
> the File Extensions so that certain graphics and such aren't opened in the
> GIMP when I double click. I tried reinstalling the program to change these
> options through there but they are all checked and grayed out so I am unable
> to change them. Help please.<BR><BR><BR>
> <DIV></DIV></div></html>

this can be accomplished, it has to be done at compile time.

there is information on how to build gimp on the gimp wiki:
http://wiki.gimp.org

to find the things to tell the configure script, start your build with
./configure --help | more (if you are building with the debian version
of more and less....)

let us know how it goes!

carol