On 11/4/05, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:28:05PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > there are a few new gimp.org web sites lately.  i have been playing with
> > > the software available from planet.org and the results have been almost
> > > instant.
> > >

> > Very nice. I am not sure how useful it is to have different
> > aggregators for developers and users but we will see. What I am
> > missing is a note on the individual sites explaining what feeds they
> > are collecting and perhaps links to the other aggregators?
>
> i considered what sort of collections of blogs i would find useful.  i
> also considered what could happen if only a small fraction of the gimp
> users added their blog to the feed.  the developers would be lost.  if
> there was only one feed, the news would get lost as well.
>
> i agree that some explanation would help, i got a little confused myself
> by the gimp object scheme this week while making them.  after a short
> break in working with them, i will see what i can do about adding a
> little more information.

Quite nice, the clean interface makes it easy on the eyes, and it
looks like it'll break down nicely if someone's using a console-based
browser (e.g. Lynx).

Since it's already set up like that, I don't know if you want to
change it, but maybe a unified header + description at the top,
followed by a selection for Layers | Pixels | Paths would be
interesting... http://blogs.gimp.org/layers,
http://blogs.gimp.org/pixels, and http://blogs.gimp.org/paths URIs
would make sense (although that's less creative, i suppose, than your
current offerings).  If you did do something like that,
http://blogs.gimp.org would maybe also have the same main header as on
the above three sites, and then split the three aggregated feeds into
individual columns with mini-headers... maybe similar to the column
layout at http://www.google.com/ig (except not so interactive and
messy...)... each column would be headed b the individual "Layers",
"Pixels" and "Paths" blogs headings respectively.

Hopefully the suggestion sounds clear... and maybe it's something
worth considering, but take it with a grain of salt.  I won't be
offended if you don't like it.

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents