On 11/17/05, Timo Steuerwald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, that's a cool feature! Thanks a lot! I didn't know that up to now,
> but anyway: How does this automatical white balance work?

I don't know how exactly this engine ticks, but I can to to guess: it
searches for the lightest pixel in the image and makes GIMP believe
that it is white and then it shifts other colors appropriately. But
that's my guess. Probably gimp-help package contains information you
want to know.

Some info on Levels dialog ("Werte" im Deutschen, soweit ich das
verstehe) is here: http://docs.gimp.org/de/ch06s05s06.html