On 11/21/05, Cliff Hanley wrote:
> Since I installed Gimp, all my image files on desktop are IDed as Gimp files
> instead of JPG, BMP,TIFF etc. It would be useful to see these IDs before
> clicking on the files. Is there an option for restoring them?

 I assume you are on windows and you just want to know the type of the
file before opening it with the gimp. The easy way, is to set the file
manager so it also shows the file extension (ex. 'foo.tif' instead of
'foo'). You can find this in Tools -> Options IIRC (I don't use
windows to offer more specific information).