On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 10:19:22AM +0100, MIlos Prudek wrote:

> Yes, this show english interface.
>
> When I run env LC_ALL=cs_CZ gimp, gimp should shoiw Czech interface,
> shouldn't
> it? But it does not.
>
> Curiously, gimp compiled from sources did not show this problem. Only gimp
> RPM
> included with my current distro, Mandriva 2006, shows this problem. Even
> though locale messages are installed in
>
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-libgimp.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-script-fu.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-std-plug-ins.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20.mo
>
> I guess you will now rebuke me for bringing a distro-specific issue to this
> list...

no rebuking.  when they make things "easy" for people they also make it
very difficult to find out where it is broken.

there is nothing we can do to fix it either.

maybe there is a lesson here about how the easy way to do things is
often the wrong way, but i am too busy to spend a lot of time working
through that thought that has been already expressed in so many ways by
so many people.

feel free to come back with your next problem.

carol