Greetings.

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Joao S. O. Bueno
Calligaris wrote:
> I see you had not actually tried it. :-)

Well, I had, but I was making assumptions about the causes of any delays.

> You can also work a python-fu /script-fu script to do a "paste
> located" stuff - the  way I can think of you will have toi manually
> type in the destination coordinates, but I think it will suit your
> needs for know.
>
> Let me know if you'd need such a script, and tell me if you have
> gimp-python running - as I'd prefere doing it in Python than in
> script-fu.

Sure, I would be grateful for any help in making a script to do this work.
I don't have gimp-python, but I suppose I could install it.  As I
mentioned in another post, I think the script will be very simple to
write, provided one already knows script-fu (or python-fu):

Assuming there are two images open and a selection is active in the active
window:

1. Store the top left coordinates (x,y) of the selection.
2. Copy the selection.
3. Switch to the second image (or: pop up a dialog asking the user to
select the destination image).
4. Paste.
5. Move the selection to (x,y).
6. Anchor the selection.

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited