Hi,

Am 02.01.2006 um 11:08 schrieb Jason Bassett:

Hello

Is there any way that I may set up the GIMP on a multi user Linux machine so that when a new person logs in and runs The GIMP, they do not need to go through the "GIMP User Installation" screen to set directories etc. I would instead like these settings to be pulled from defaults that I set myself.

AFAIK the "install" process just creates the .gimp-2.2 directory in the home directory of the user and stores some preferences files in there. You could try to make a template .gimp-2.2 directory - one which does not have any user dependencies and distribute this into the user directories of all users you want to use GIMP without "installing" it.

hth, lexa

Jason

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen