Thanks for your answer. I did have a look, but I'm not sure we mean the same thing. Anyway, I got a second problem which may be more compromising than the absence of user interface. That is, my tool stores pictures as gdk pixbufs, and I'd like to send them to an arbitrary gimp plugin to be treated. Can I do that somehow?

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:09 -0800, Carol Spears wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:08:58PM +0100, PAEDER Vincent wrote:
> hello everybody,
> is it possible to open the plugin interface with a python command? My goal would be to run gimp in batch mode from the command line (from another python script actually) and still be able to configure the plugin I invoke with the interactive interface.
> For now, I can launch gimp and call a dedicated plugin which communicates with the main application through a socket. I can obtain the list of installed plugins along with their detailed properties, thus I could rebuild an appropriate interface. But it would be great if I didn't have to.
> Does anyone have a suggestion?

i actually put something about that on my web site, i forget where
though:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/scripting/

carol