Am 29.01.2006 um 20:05 schrieb John R. Culleton:

On Thursday 21 July 2005 10:26 am, Rainer Lehrig wrote:
I have a software, that only works on Microsoft BMP files
with 8 bits per pixel and 256 colour lookup table.

How can I create such files with gimp.

I already tried "Indexed" but without success.

Best regards:
Rainer

What is the target program and what does it do? Perhaps there is another
program that will accomplish your objective without the BMP
restriction.

On Linux systems IMageMagick will convert almost any format to
almost any format but I sense you are not on LInux.

ImageMagick is available for _many_ platforms.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers:

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen