haknOn Friday 17 February 2006 15:57, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "John R. Culleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The pdf file for the Gimp Users Manual. Dec 2005 edition does not
> > come with an index. I am thinking of preparing my own (which I
> > will share of course.) Has anyone found an index to this manual
> > on the site?
>
> The manual is written in Docbook XML. It should be a lot easier to
> generate a PDF that contains an index than to attempt to create one
> manually. Especially since the manual index will be outdated pretty
> soon. The manual is undergoing changes on a daily basis.
>

> Sven

Thanks for your reply. Are the docbook sources posted somewhere?
If so I could download them and go through the usual index
generation steps.

When you say the manual is undergoing changes on a daily basis
are you referring to the downloadable pdf or just the html
versions? The date on the manual I downloaded was December 28,
2005. I assume it is the latest pdf version.

Best,

John Culleton