Am 17.02.2006 um 23:11 schrieb John R. Culleton:

haknOn Friday 17 February 2006 15:57, Sven Neumann wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Are the docbook sources posted somewhere?
If so I could download them and go through the usual index
generation steps.

Sure they are. Feel free to have a closer look to docs.gimp.org and read the "How to get involved" section to learn how the gimp docs project is organized.

When you say the manual is undergoing changes on a daily basis
are you referring to the downloadable pdf or just the html
versions? The date on the manual I downloaded was December 28,
2005. I assume it is the latest pdf version.

both - html and pdf versions are more or less automatically build from docbook (xml) sources. Since building the html files is much more robust to inconsintencies like missing image files etc. they are available in more recent versions than the pdf files are. Building them is more art then science right now...

... feel free to get involved!

Best,

John Culleton

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen