P.S. If like me you don't have any German, you'll need Babelfish
in order to understand the bug report form, but you can report in English and the reply comes back in English as well

Doug wrote:

Hi Paul,

Sorry you're not having much joy so far.
I don't know that I can offer any specific advice - I do remember suffering a similar problem to yours at first which did get resolved, perhaps by following the instructions in the manual religiously, but now I don't recall how. I do find the printed colours I get are a close match to the monitor - as judged by eye - although I agree, that's only an interim solution till there's proper colour management in Gimp.

However, what I would recommend is submitting a bug report to

The people there are very prompt in replying and helpful - I found, for example, that I could not print on two of the better quality Epson papers with my Epson Stylus Photo 2100; and within a few days received a new PPD file that solved it.

Hope you have some success!

Paul Waldo wrote:

Hi Doug,

I have been experimenting with TurboPrint and have not been very impressed with the results. It is still better than the stock gimpprint, but my test image has a noticeable red-cast. Can you give some more details on your results with TurboPrint? If it would give me Windows-quality prints, I would gladly pay them twice what they are asking, but so far it is really unusable for me :-(. I don't see how they can expect decent color without having some kind of monitor profile in the loop... Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!