On Feb 27, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Andreas Waechter wrote:
Ben Conley wrote:
Since GIMP doesn't seem to have a clone took, I had to use PhotoDeluxe (which I really don't want to do). So I was wondering, is there a way to emulate a clone tool in GIMP?

You could use the clone tool for that ;-)

In the tool box, click on the little stamp icon ...

The little stamp icon exists in Gimpshop, too. Also, you can reach the clone tool in a few ways:

1) shortcut key: S
2) in the main window: File > Window > Tools > Clone Stamp Tool
3) in the image window: Window > Tools > Clone Stamp Tool
4) in the image window: <menu arrow> > Tools > Paint Tools > Clone Stamp Tool

My question to you is, would you mind sharing with us what can be done with a clone tool?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent