On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:35:28PM -0400, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
> Yo Carol,
> > i think you are trying to bookmark a file and not a directory (or
> > "Folder" is what they call them now).
> I am trying to bookmark a dir...I don't have files in my Nikon
> dir...only dirs & like the other poster, some have worked & some not.
the selector is really picky.  like, you need to highlight the name of
the directory, not go into it.

> I see 'folder' drives you nuts also ;^).
yes, it is wrong.  we looked at a few definitions of the word, and the
definitions do not translate even metaphorically into what that is on a

also, if you are in charge of real life folders, the last thing that you
want to do is have folders within folders.  so this word really obscures
the meaning and functionality of what has been traditionally known as a
directory on a computer.

thanks for commiserating with me!