Norman Walsh ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> / Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
> | Norman Walsh wrote:
> |> Is this really not possible?
> |>
> |> / Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
> |
> | Normally, it's enough to open the dock, and quit the GIMP. The docks you
> | have open, as well as their positions on the screen, are saved at the
> | end of every session.
> Odd. That has not been my experience. I definitely have "Save window
> positions on exit" checked. Even clicking "Save Window Positions Now"
> doesn't help.

Dave probably was a bit confused here, torn off submenus are not docks.
Unfortunately it is not yet possible to save the state of the torn off
submenus. I believe that a patch to implement this would be accepted,
but I doubt that there are many people who would benefit from that, so
it is quite a low priority task...